One Piece Treasure Cruise Global and Japanese Versions Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[SAO] Sword Art Online Code Register

2 posters

Go down

[SAO] Sword Art Online Code Register Empty [SAO] Sword Art Online Code Register

Post by Monocaster Tue May 12 2015, 23:21

There is a new Japanese game that is made by Bandai Namco that is very similar to OPTC called Sword Art Online Code Register. It is available via QooApp (play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bandainamcogames.saocr).

The combat system functions similarly to OPTC, there are "sugofests", and 1-6 star units can be pulled. Of course, this is expected since Bandai Namco is the creator of both games, so the engines used are similar in nature.

I'm excited for this game, being a long-time SAO fan. However, I've run into a language barrier and find it difficult to play the game when I'm blindly tapping on options. I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of this app or has played it. Let me hear your thoughts!

MC
Monocaster
Monocaster

Back to top Go down

[SAO] Sword Art Online Code Register Empty Re: [SAO] Sword Art Online Code Register

Post by MagicDodo Wed May 13 2015, 00:00

Thank you for sharing, but I encounter a huge problem in the concept of this game.

OP TC is based on having a huge character pool of really awesome characters, how many do we have? 200? 300?

And sadly we dont have that in Sao, even with both seasons and the second half of seson one we dont have more than 20-30 characters.

I will look at it probably soon, but I highly doubt it will be any where near as good as OP TC
MagicDodo
MagicDodo

Back to top Go down

[SAO] Sword Art Online Code Register Empty Re: [SAO] Sword Art Online Code Register

Post by Monocaster Wed May 13 2015, 08:24

After playing the game for about an hour, here is what I've discovered.

My first impression was the same as yours on the lack of a variety of units. However, it looks like this game took a page out of Final Fantasy Record Keeper and allows weapons to be equipped, adding some customization and variety.

Also, SAO Kirito is different from Alfheim Kirito and Gun Gale Kirito. They appear to be separate units, depending on which story arc they are from. So in a way, the limited pool of units is greatly multiplied by having each character appear in many forms, and the Excalibur and Mother's Rosario arcs will be implemented soon for even more variety.

But after playing for a few hours, I quickly grew bored of the game. It couldn't hold my attention as OPTC does. I probably will not revisit the game until a global version is released though. I had high expectations for the game, and they ended up falling a bit short this time.

MC
Monocaster
Monocaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down