One Piece Treasure Cruise Global and Japanese Versions Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brawler team to beat Mr 2 fortnight island

2 posters

Go down

Brawler team to beat Mr 2 fortnight island  Empty Brawler team to beat Mr 2 fortnight island

Post by Kido Thu Mar 12 2015, 07:10

Hey everyone! I'm trying to beat Mr 2 14-days event, I had no problems beating 5-10 stamina levels and I almost won also the 15 stamina one, but I lost fighting against Mr 2 final boss when he was very low health - and had no gems to try again. I used this team

Mirage Tempo Nami
Sanji (Parage Shoot)
Gear 2nd Luffy
Tabasco Star Usopp
Jozu (first stage) as a captain

and a friend's Jinbe (evolved one), since I couldn't find an evolved Jozu to use for further doubling HP and ATK of blue units (that is Sanji and the captains). Do you think this is a good team? As I said I almost beat Mr 2, but I can't deny I had some troubles keeping up with him, so maybe it'll be far harder than this to beat 30-stamina stage... do you have any suggestion?
Kido
Kido

Back to top Go down

Brawler team to beat Mr 2 fortnight island  Empty Re: Brawler team to beat Mr 2 fortnight island

Post by hxj64631 Sat Mar 14 2015, 04:42

As with all bosses in this game, when Mr 2 reaches below 20% he attacks with his special attack that deals large (relatively speaking) amount of damage. If you allow bosses to land special attack on you, most likely it's game over. Stop your attacks just before boss hits 20%, use delay attack skills to buy more time to burn boss down or use your characters' special abilities to burst boss down before he gets in an attack on you.

Now there are problems with your team building as well. Special event Mr. 2 is technique type so he is weak against force type and strong against speed type. Your team has 3 characters that only deals half damage against Mr. 2 because of this. Also, at 15 sta stage slasher and impact attack type characters suffer stats penalty so Nami's stats suffers, on top of that her special ability doesn't do anything for this boss. Tabasco Star Usopp is essentially useless here... low stats and with your team build, his special ability only benefits himself so it's pretty much pointless to have him... Finally, only Sangi, Jozu, and your friend's Jinbe receives the benefits from both captains. Luffy only gets the benefit from Jinbe, Nami and Usopp gets no benefit at all. Without adjusting your team's build I think you can beat 15 sta stage only if your characters are all lv50 or higher. No chance to beat 30 sta version with this build I think.

If you plan to stick with this game for a while here are some suggestions for team building

1. Choose your captain and crew carefully. Unless it's a crew with a very useful special ability (for example Golden Pound Usopp), each and every crew member should be able to benefit from captain effect (yours and friend's)
2. Try not to bring too many crews with weak attribute against the boss. Remember weak attribute only deals half damage so your damage output suffers
3. Farm yourself another Usopp and evolve him to Golden Pound Usopp this time, his ability is irreplaceable
4. Bring your main crews to an average of lv60. In the end team build up will only take you so far without level to back it up. With the frequency of turtle stage now a days it's not hard to level characters

Hope this helps

hxj64631

Back to top Go down

Brawler team to beat Mr 2 fortnight island  Empty Re: Brawler team to beat Mr 2 fortnight island

Post by Kido Sat Mar 14 2015, 11:35

Yeah, it really helps... I have no hope of beating special events xD what if I evolve Tabasco Star to Sogeking?
Kido
Kido

Back to top Go down

Post by hxj64631 Sat Mar 14 2015, 16:42

Yes, having Sogeking should definitely be enough for your current team to beat 15 sta version, the chance for 30 sta version still isn't good though. Not sure how you are handling the flow of the boss fight but maybe try the following

1. Upon entering stage Mr. 2 buffs himself and his crew with a damage and defense buff which lasts for 3 rounds. Since Mr. 2 attacks every other round you can avoid taking damage from buffed Mr. 2 by using Jozu's special ability. This will give you 4 rounds to output without taking damage
2. Mr. 2 hits for just over 3k unbuffed so you should be able to take 2~3 hits depend on your hp. This means another 4 to 6 rounds to output
3. Remember not to bring Mr. 2 to below 20% until you activates Sogeking's ability
4. Save all of your damage dealing abilities for this final burn stage

In the long run it's still well worth it to get Golden Pound Usogg though. Their abilities has 5 CD difference, that's the difference between life and death in many fights.

hxj64631

Back to top Go down

Post by Kido Sun Mar 15 2015, 14:13

I evolved Usopp into Tabasco Star since I'm also playing the English version and have Golden Pound there, so I hoped to get Sogeking in the Japanese version. I realized this wasn't that good of an idea though... I was just aiming to get some other characters to use, I don't have much strong ones, especially since I failed to beat Mihawk (obviously).
Thank you so much, man! Hope I'll win before event is gone!
Kido
Kido

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down